Welcome to Blackhawk
Blackhawk, a community on the east side of Danville, CA, was established in 1917 by Ansel Mills Easton and his son-in-law William Q. Ward. The name Blackhawk came from a family-owned Irish racehorse. This land was bought and sold several times. In 1975, the land was sold to Florida developer Ken
Behring, who created the seven gated communities we know today.
More About the Blackhawk Community
Blackhawk has 2400 homes and nearly 10,000 residents. More than 2000 acres of open space feature seven gated communities.
- Hidden Oaks consists of 206 homes and was completed in 1978. Most homes are on half-acre lots.
- Saddleback was the second community completed. Most lots are at least five acres.
- Tennis Villas, opposite Saddleback, is perfect for the tennis enthusiast.
- Oakridge consists mainly of homes ranging from 2000 to 3000 square feet. A few large estates reside on the top of a private court.
- Silver Oak is an upscale condo complex.
- Silver Maple is designed around one of Blackhawk Country Clubs's primary golf holes.
- Blackhawk Country Club, sometimes referred to as Main Gates, is the largest of the six communities.
Things to Do in Blackhawk